Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gabriel's First Fundraiser

Gabriel will be joining me for this year's Rock 'n Race in Concord on May 20th. We will walk 5 kilometers with thousands of other people in order to raise money for The Payson Center for Cancer Care at Concord Hospital. I have participated in this 5K for many years- as a volunteer, a runner and a walker. Well, minus the one year is was raining and I chickened out. Human Resources puts a team together and I plan to push Gabriel in his stroller. It's my favorite 5K ever since there is music and food along the pathway. If you'd like to sponsor Gabriel and I for the Rock 'n Race, please visit our fundraising web page. This year, donations can be made directly on-line. Or, we will be happy to accept donations the old-fashioned way too. Gabriel and I are happy that it's getting warm enough to start our walking training program.

No comments: