Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Markers & Stickers


The rain didn't stop the teachers and babies at The Learning Center from having just as much fun indoors as they would have had going outside! For a morning project, the group colored with some markers on paper and then added some fall and Halloween stickers. The teachers report that all of the friends were very excited to have stickers they could put on their paper. The children would stick it onto their paper and then ask for more.


For those of you who know I have grown up and really become grossed out by stickers, I am sure you are getting a laugh from imagining me opening my daily e-mail newsletter and seeing my child in a photo with stickers. As soon as I picked him up this afternoon, I looked for any stray stickers that might still be stuck to his clothes or skin. Nasty! Yuck! He was free and clear.


I also found a note on his daily log that Gabriel crawled across the floor to the infant room's refrigerator today and attempted to open the fridge himself. When the teacher asked him if he was hungry and wanted his bottle, she said Gabriel put his hand up by his mouth and nodded. We use sign language with Gabriel and putting my hand by my mouth like I am putting food in it is our sign for food.


It seems that every day now he is doing something new.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stickers...oh my... glad you didn't find any strays! Wow - can he be any cuter or smarter? Love the fact he crawled over the fridge - tried to open - amazing enough - but to respond to her...fabulous! Can't wait to see you all again soon!

Jacinda

Kim S said...

Hmm. Self-reliant at 9 months. What's the secret?