Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Gabriel slept "late" until 5:45 am.

Gabriel and I left the house early and headed to the NH Sheep and Wool Festival at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds. I've wanted to go for years and finally made it. Though, Gabriel turned out to have a crabby morning, and it was rather brisk in temperature and windy. So I can't say I loved my trip. But I did buy some fancy colored wood sock needles, and some red and grey sock yarn. Maybe I can make matching socks for Gabriel and #2. I found a little stuffed llama for Gabriel, which he clung to tightly- probably because he was freezing. And I found a little sheep rattle for #2. Oh... and I got a little felted sheep kit too. Maybe I can make a few for the Christmas tree this year.

I've been wanting to go to Buy Buy Baby in Nashua, so Gabriel and I went for a ride to Nashua this afternoon. It was too cold to be outside any more, but I enjoyed the sun from the car. Gabriel napped on the whole ride down. We saw a huge Elmo at Buy Buy Baby. We also found an Elmo Learning Curve sippy cup. It's almost impossible to miss anything Elmo with Gabriel around to point him out. I bought a nightgown for #2 and a matching soft cotton blanket. Today was the first day I actually bought things specifically for #2. Gabriel got a Darth Vader T-shirt. The newborn clothes are looking really small again in comparison to Gabriel. I also bought Gabriel a booster seat, which he used for the first time tonight. Time to put his high chair away. He's getting to be such a big boy! He seems proud of himself sitting up at the table with Mommy and Daddy and reaching up over the edge of the table with his fork.

Yesterday I got a basket of pink and white cut flowers and a Mother's Day balloon from Gabriel. And on Friday he brought home from The Learning Center the cutest purple and white dragon fly for me. The kind made with nylon and wire. I think Gabriel painted the white nylon purple himself.

And today I got a card from Gabriel. And a card from Elleigh and Lucas with a gift card to the Elegant Ewe. And Daddy and #2 got me a card and another gift certificate to Motherhood so I can buy some more prego clothing.

And I most enjoyed that Michael cooked dinner, start to finish. Marinated steak tips, garlic and asiago focaccia, butternut squash ravioli with a maple cream sauce, and salad. And then two chocolate dessert pieces that we all shared on the couch while watching a family movie.

Gave my Mom a call this morning, but we did our annual Mother Day flower shopping trip a week early this year. So that happened last Saturday and then tonight I had to bring in all of those new flowers because we are to get down to 33 degrees tonight. Burr!

No comments: