Friday, January 2, 2009

Gabriel Is Coming On Monday!

Michael and I had an appointment with Dr. Chaudhari this morning to discuss the results of the latest ultrasound from New Year's Eve. I will be having a cesarean delivery of our boy on Monday afternoon. Monday is Gabriel's original due date and he will be fully cooked for 40 total weeks. We are expecting the delivery of a healthy boy with lots of hair, who is estimated to be over 9 and a half pounds and have a big head. I can't wait to meet him and find out how accurate all of the estimating and guessing has been. We will stay as a new family at The Family Place at Concord Hospital until Thursday as long as everything goes as planned and everyone is healthy.

I'm so excited! I am looking forward to it, even the surgery. I'm not nervous at all.

Tonight was my last day of work. I stayed late, but now that I am home, I will not return to work until my 12 weeks of maternity leave are up at the very end of March.

I have a bunch to do this weekend for final preparation. And I am really hoping that the head colds that Michael and I came down with this week both clear up.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Good luck, can't wait to hear all the details!

Em said...

Woohoo! I'm not sure exactly what you say (have a great time delivering? rock your cesarean?), but in any case, I am excited for you and can't wait to meet Gabriel! :)

Sarah said...

I kind of like "Have a Rocking C-Section!"

Adopting1Soon said...

Good luck on Monday and congratulations in advance!

God_Guurrlll said...

Yeah! I can't wait to meet Gabriel!

Blessings on your whole family.