Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Fisher Cats Game Was A Wet One

We had tickets to the Fisher Cats game on Friday night, but the sky looked ominous and scattered thunder storms were predicted. So, we decided not to take our chances at the game and instead went out to dinner with Denise and Shawn instead. It was a wise choice since the game didn't get canceled, but it did have over an hour rain delay right in the middle. It didn't sound like a pleasant time. And then the Fisher Cats got slaughtered.

I haven't been to the India Palace Restaurant on South Willow Street in Manchester in a long time. In fact, I think it was well before they had the small fire there and had to repair that. And of course, this baby loves anything spicy just so I will have heartburn, so India Palace hit the spot. I had the Non-Vegetarian Thali combination meal. It's a traditional Indian meal served in a silver platter with Lamb Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Dal, Rice, Raita, Naan bread, and Kheer for dessert. I brought home left overs and had a little for breakfast on Saturday morning and I finished it for dinner the same day. I love the smell of the spices of Indian food. The India Palace always has something a little spicy and tasty that seems unique to me since I rarely get it. I did order my meal with only medium spice this time and I didn't end up with any heartburn.

After dinner, Michael and I took a quick stop at Babies R Us in Manchester. That's when the hard rain kicked in. We heard one really loud thunder clap that sounded like an explosion and set alarms off on the Babies R Us building and cars in the parking lot. We didn't buy anything at Babies R Us, just did some more looking around. Saw lots of cute clothes, but we are still waiting until to see if we will find out if we are having a boy or girl for sure.

1 comment:

Jacinda said...

Baby Abberton will have an eclectic palate. Between the spciy Indian and - gasp - pickled sausage you've been eating / craving.

Glad all is well.... Did I mention - brown is also a neutral color - and isn't yellow!