Thursday, September 13, 2007

Starting the Laptop Sleeve

Another fine Wednesday night spent at the monthly knitting guild meeting at The Elegant Ewe (my local yarn store) in Concord, NH. I couldn't overcome my impulse to immediately start on a sleeve/bag for my laptop. Now that the Hawaii trip is booked, I think I want to take my laptop and will need something to carry it in on the plane. And though I have had the laptop for about 3 months now, it doesn't have a bag yet. I am going to jump right in with both feet and start knitting. I purchased six skeins of Cascade 220 while at The Ewe tonight, and spent part of the guild time winding the skeins. I purchased two shades of brown, a darker fuchsia pink, a mauve pink and a blush light pink- strikingly close to the color scheme I am intending for the wedding. Despite most of the group member's urging and caution, I am skipping the swatching phase, so who knows what I am going to end up with in the end. I don't need no stinkin' swatch test! And if I had the right circular needles with me at The Ewe tonight, I would have started the laptop sleeve there. I did finish the pair of baby socks made out of 100% Merino wool in the Geranium colorway from Knit Picks. Stay tuned for my blog entry on how the laptop project ends.

No comments: