Thursday, April 24, 2008

She's Arrived!

Baby Serena (the baby bump in the bridal party) arrived in the wee hours on the 23rd. She was 8 pounds and 7 ounces, and 20.5 inches long. Mom Allison was very happy to be done with her pregnancy. Michael and I took our first lunch date as a married couple and went to meet Serena at lunch time today. Serena is precious! Lots of dark hair. She never opened her eyes during our visit, but she made a lot of interesting faces as we passed her around. I am excited because now I can show off the baby leg warmers I made for Serena. I haven't been able to blog about them before because Allison reads my blog. I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I've heard leg warmers are trying to make a come back, so Baby Serena will be ahead of the fashion curve wearing her hand knit leg warmers. I can't wait for Allison to take a photo of the leg warmers in action. Allison looked so happy to be a Mom again. She seemed calm, and as if she had everything under control. She made pregnant look good and makes being the mother of an infant look effortless so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serena is adorable. What a pretty name too. - Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations Allison!!