Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Autumn

The leaves had barely started to change when I left to go to Hawaii, and on the return flight home, it was obvious that fall was here when we looked down and saw all of the color change. And then with the drop in temperature down to the 60's on Sunday, and having to break out the jeans and sweatshirts, I was left craving apples. I bought some grocery store apples on Monday night, but they just didn't fill the niche. So I took a detour on the way home from work tonight and bought apples from the orchard- and pumpkin ice cream. And I came home and made an apple pie from my Mom's recipe, with my faithful cooking assistants Elleigh and Austin. Austin is an apple connoisseur, so he was delighted that I bought a few different kinds of apples to put in the pie. I didn't do anything fancy with the crust, in fact, I didn't even make it from scratch. But the pie tasted wonderful anyway.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm really excited to report that Jeff just loved my pie!