Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pete's Blog

My friend, and co-worker, Pete shared with me his blog address tonight as we were winding down at work. I won't post his blog address here, unless he expressly gives me permission to do so, but I did want to share a few things from his blog that made me laugh and ponder tonight.

Pete is a member of a senior blog. I am feeling funny by the fact that I chat openly with a peer that is old enough to be a member of a blog for "people with experience." That's the nice, politically correct verbiage they have on the blog community. I had to sit and think a bit to realize that yes, he may be old enough to be on an "experienced" blog site. It made me wonder if he has an AARP card?! I was just talking with Pete about pop culture (music and TV) and now I find out he moonlights on a senior blog. Does this make me old too, or am I just really good at relating to older people?

Pete's blog is full of his regular whit and humor. And Pete likes to ask questions that make one have to ponder. This is my new favorite pondering question that I found on his blog: "If a man is alone in the woods and there is no woman around... and then expresses an opinion, is he still wrong?"

Of course the man is still wrong! And he is probably alone in the woods in the first place because he is lost and was too stubborn to stop and ask for directions.

No comments: